Zilliqa, the Singapore-based enterprise-grade blockchain platform, has introduced its 2021-2022 cohort of ZILHive Accelerator tasks. The ZILHive Accelerator is a six-month program targeted on launching blockchain-enabled tasks from idea to commercialization.
The accelerator program is a part of ZILHive’s end-to-end ecosystem designed to foster progressive blockchain purposes all through varied phases of maturity. Startups within the accelerator will have the ability to apply for extra funding beneath ZILHive Grants, geared toward supporting particular pre-launch wants corresponding to regulatory compliance or technical integration with third-party apps.
Han Wen Chua, Vice President of Ecosystem Progress at Zilliqa, commented: “The super progress the startups have made in turning their concepts into real-world use instances for blockchain is a validation of our efforts at rising Singapore’s position within the international fintech ecosystem.”
Six of the eight startups accepted into the Accelerator this yr have been superior from an earlier Incubator program which started in March.
The inaugural 14-week ZILHive Incubator matched technical and non-technical individuals into groups that might design and construct distinctive options on the Zilliqa blockchain protocol.
The eight startups accepted into the Accelerator embrace:
- Entry, a startup that appears to fight ticketing fraud and stop ticket scalping by issuing tickets as non-fungible tokens;
- Cerchia, a startup constructing blockchain-based instruments to assist disaster bond issuers, re-insurers, and buyers higher predict and worth the dangers of pure hazards by way of crowdsourcing;
- Inexperienced Beanz, a mission that goals to incentivize consumer-facing firms and NGOs to enhance the transparency and accuracy of their company social duty and sustainable improvement targets reporting;
- HeyAlfie, a wise dashboard for customers to handle, make investments and borrow digital property by way of a single interface, by connecting a number of forms of wallets (custodial, non-custodial, and even change accounts);
- Invopay, an bill financing platform designed to assist small-to-medium enterprises (SMEs) higher handle their money move with low-interest loans secured on the blockchain;
- MustPool, a gamified no-loss prize protocol, the place the deposited precept stays secure and the prizes come from the curiosity earnings, leveraging completely different staking and lending dApps on Zilliqa;
- Tyron SSI Protocol, a self-sovereign identification protocol that permits customers to handle entry to their information securely, whereas permitting them to offer verified credentials selectively with out counting on middlemen or centralized databases;
- Final Franchise Fantasy Sports activities, a fantasy sports activities platform providing digital asset possession to sports activities followers by way of using NFTs to characterize athletes within the varied sports activities leagues.
Startups accepted into the Accelerator characteristic founders from numerous backgrounds – from enterprising school college students to seasoned business professionals.
“The variety of the individuals graduating from the incubator and into the accelerator program spotlight the significance of getting a complete suite of packages, every tailor-made to the completely different phases of an innovator’s journey,” famous Chua.
Entry founder Mihir Mohan mentioned, “From the design sprints with the ZILHive group to the useful recommendation I’ve gained from skilled professionals through the Incubator program, ZILHive’s packages have helped me flip my concepts right into a viable product.” Mohan first joined ZILHive by way of its scholar practicum and later began Entry through the incubator program.
Initiatives corresponding to Cerchia, alternatively, have been based by seasoned business professionals.
Led by a founding group of quants and threat managers from the likes of economic establishments corresponding to UBS and GIC, Cerchia’s chief technical officer Fabian Buchmann mentioned, “The ZILHive Incubator was an amazing alternative to enlarge our community and improve the group’s experience considerably with their complementary talent units. The event of a minimal viable product through the incubator has ready us to launch the product on the Zilliqa protocol through the upcoming accelerator program.”
ZILHive has additionally appealed to conventional companies trying to generate new income fashions by implementing rising applied sciences into their present tech stack. Judobi is trying to launch Invopay, its new bill financing platform, by way of the ZILHive Accelerator.
Julien Doherty-Bigara, CEO of Judobi, mentioned: “The ZILHive Incubator has opened up a brand new chapter in my entrepreneurial journey by partnering my group with nice co-founders to resolve an actual drawback utilizing blockchain. The incubator itself helped us to conceptualize and validate our thought and we’re now wanting ahead to powering the expansion of Invopay with the ZILHive Accelerator program.”
The ZILHive Accelerator program will culminate in a worldwide Demo Day in December 2021, the place excellent tasks stand the prospect to obtain as much as USD $150,000 in development capital from ZILHive Ventures, Zilliqa’s inner enterprise fund.